Monday, May 15, 2006

This is just going to be one of those days...


I can't say I'm too impressed with how this university runs. Well, what I've noticed of the payroll side of it anyway. I know it's not much, but - I did some tour guide work for my department, a total of ten hours, in February/March. Straight away, I filled in a form with my NI number, inland revenue etc, so it could be processed by the payroll department and I could get paid.

So far, so good. Before Easter, I went to the lady in charge of payments in my department, and she said I would get an e-mail/slip through internal mail when I could pick up my payment. After Easter I went in and she said I just had to wait. Today she sent me off to the payroll office, who dug through papers for about half an hour before saying 'Hm, that's weird. Go down to the finance office in the University House, they might know.' I did, and after they had dug through some piles of paper, I finally got my money. I know I know, I'm making a big deal out of £60, but that's £60 I could have spent ages ago. Haha.

It just makes me think of all of Dan's contract business and how badly that was dealt with!!

Hairdressers on campus were fully booked today - ah well.

Yeah I'm bored, might write more later.

No comments: