Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Dag 26 – Mina rädslor (my fears)

My biggest every day fear is spiders. I know that's stupid and girlish and lame, but that's how it is. We've always managed to live places with loads of spiders (apart from the Manchester pad - city centre location = no spiders). I'm much better now; I can be in the same room as even fairly big spiders so long as they're not on or too close to me. But occasionally we get visitors that I just can't stand the thought of being in the same room as.

And I know that they're more afraid of me than I am of them, and I know they can't hurt me, and I even know that there are a billion more in nooks and crannies, under the floor boards etc. But I don't care. I do think there's something to the theory that it's one of those primal fears, part of the collective subconscious Mr. Jung was so keen on having us believe in.

Spiders=scary and that's that.

No comments: