Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Dag 25 – En första (a first)

There are so many firsts. Every day is the first something; nothing's ever the same. I was thinking of listing a few different 'firsts' but the title does say 'a'. As in one. As in, I have to make a decision.

I'm notoriously bad at making decisions. It annoys my friends no end; I honestly don't mind where we go eat, what film we see, for instance. And so every time I actually am decisive they're shocked. But that's besides the point.

So anyhoo. Enough stalling.

My first 'own' place was here in York. I've lived in plenty of places before, but it's always been student halls, shared houses and so on. All furnished. So when we moved to York we got an unfurnished flat, up by Yearsley Bridge. Now I don't know if you know York at all but since moving here I've been told this flat was in a 'bad' area. Makes me laugh every time; there's nothing bad or rough about any of York. But I suppose compared to some other areas this is the only way to describe this place?

It was a huge flat, two good sized bedrooms, two bathrooms and a massive kitchen, massive living room. It was also a pain to clean, and we paid over the odds for it. But it was ours.

We've since moved to a smaller, cosier, cheaper and more manageable flat. But the Yearsley Bridge flat with the blue carpets throughout (yes, even in the bathrooms. Bloody Brits) will always be our first place.


No comments: