Thursday, July 29, 2010

It was different in my day.

When I was in my teens, it was not considered cool to spend a lot of time online. LunarStorm (lightyears ahead of the FaceBook trend...) was about as far as people went, and even then it was definitely not cool to put too much time and effort into it. People would edit and play around with their profiles, put emo pictures on and send each other messages. But chatting, surfing for the sake of it, blogging? Hell no.

I loved it. I spent every waking moment online. We had a two-hour-a-day limit on time spent online (or in front of the TV; like we couldn't do both at once - plus our homework...) but we broke it. Most days. I'd stay up way past bedtime chatting on Yahoo and ICQ, in fact until I heard dad get up the next morning. I'd sneak to bed, hoping he hadn't heard me still up.

Sorry Mum & Dad - I'm pretty sure you already knew though!

But now, I've discovered all these Swedish blogs run by the gorgeous, popular, perfect girls... And it sure as hell wouldn't have been them blogging when I was that age! But then I suppose these days (man I sound old) blogging can make you a celebrity. And you can make money off it.

So that's why I do it. Half-hearted as my efforts may be...

;)

No comments: