Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ok, it's been a ridiculously long time since I last wrote on here... I'm rubbish! And so much has been happening, not too sure where to start.

Moved up to York the other week. We're living in this lovely (and massive!) flat near the city, starting to fill it up with furniture. Any donations are very welcome ;) I'll be starting my MSc in Forensic Speech Science in October, am so very excited. Mike graduated (with a first! Booya!) and is now working up here as a software developer. Sooo moving to York was definitely a good move, for both of us. It's a lovely city. My family came up the other week and we did touristy things; Pullman's bus tour and Jorvik Viking museum. Oh - they display a human poo in that museum, which was nice...

I submitted a revised version of my dissertation to the International Association of Forensic Phonetics' annual conference - and it got accepted so I went down to Switzerland and presented my paper. It was great! Very scary but it went amazingly well. I made some great contacts as well (whom I've been meaning to email... lazy lazy) from all across Europe.

Am currently finishing a course in Witness Psychology with Gävle Högskola. It's quite an interesting course actually, first time they're running it so it's bound to have its bumps. It's mostly focusing on eyewitness testimony and memory (obviously - the most straightforward - and it's only a 7.5 ECTS course) but I was hoping to be able to connect it to 'earwitnesses' and the things I'll be doing in my masters as well.

Anyhoo, I'll be off for now - with more (empty??) promises that next time I won't leave it so long...

xx

No comments: