Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wow, HOT!

...But there's always something to complain about, isn't there?


We finally have t'internet, after a lot of fannying about trying to get some 'broadband marker' removed from some database - AOL said BT should do it, BT said AOL should. In the end, AOL did, just in case you were wondering about the ending of that fascinating story. Only have dial-up at the minute, but it's better than nothing - It's free for a month, until we get our router through and can use broadband.

Anyways.

Rob was down at the weekend, which was fun - finally someone can say they know Mike's a real person. Hehe. Stef, Katy and Kev, and Mark also came over on Sunday, to BBQ cheap dirty meat. Was fun, and we still have 10 pounds of chicken and a tray of ribs in the freezer, as well as 8 or so cans of beer in the fridge. Success!

So.. I'm 21 now. Old? Ahem. Don't feel different to be honest with you, but then again you never do. It never is a big deal, becoming a year older.

Am currently working in a bar/club in town, mainly doing flyers. Haha. Such a stimulating, challenging job! It's alright actually (well, only done one shift so far, and I quite enjoyed that), and I get to flirt with.. I mean, talk to loads of people all night. :D Am also still searching for jobs, going for interviews, trying to find something that maybe pays a bit better, and doesn't have me working the few rare nights Mickey actually has off work. But y'kno.. a job is a job is a job. Cross your fingers for me on Tuesday please, have an interview for H&M. Perfect, n'est-ce pas?

Would like to take this opportunity to make a congratulatory shout-out - My darling little sister got on to the media production course she wanted, and has accepted her place! Woo! She will kill me for saying she's little, as well as for writing that on here. I don't care, I'm proud. Poor parents will be all on their lonesome come September... I'm sure they're secretly looking forward to it!

Hm, I never know whether to shower before I eat and get my stuff together for work, or whether I should shower last thing I do before leaving the house. Tricky tricky.

Right, that was a wee update from Julia-in-Manchester... Will be in Suedois towards the end of August, will keep you updated with dates and whatnot.

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing. I'm going to Falun at the end of August... ahem. But I'm sure we'll meet again some day.