Friday, March 09, 2012

If I drank wine...


I'd only drink this. Sitting in a window, in Paris. Wearing a red dress with a wide skirt and a boat neck, sleeveless. I'd probably read a novel, in Russian or French. I might smoke a cigarette. My view would be of the river and all the lovers walking hand in hand towards Montmartre. Dusty Springfield would be playing on my grammophone and I would always be running late. My kitchen would be full of mismatched crockery, most of it red. I would sleep until 11 every day and not go to bed until the early hours of the morning. I would never miss sunrise. I would watch Audrey an Katherine in old movie theatres and I would take long walks through crowded streets and see new things every day. I would sleep so close to you every night, with your breath on me and my toes on yours and when I woke up I would make you a coffee and we would sit in our Parisian window until it got too cold and we'd have to go back to bed.

I don't drink wine but if I did...

No comments: